About the role
A US-owned, global leader boasting six+ decades of auto and aerospace engineering innovation along with a fine motorsport heritage, supplying turbo and electric boosting products for most major automakers worldwide. The company is now priming to disturb the EV and non-automotive application sectors. The brand is on the cutting edge, developing ever-safer, more connected, more efficient vehicles that are fairer for our environment.
As a Motor Control Engineer – Electrification, you will have ownership of the control algorithm and calibration of high-speed AC machine drive. Strong knowledge of Vector Control & AC machine drive is essential. Good knowledge of power electronics, its hardware, and system for proper design of control algorithm and HWIO (a.k.a HAL) and understanding of control theory both in continuous- and discrete-time domain Your experience to implement simulation model of whole AC machine drive system in time-domain will be highly prized.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Motor control algorithm design, calibration & validation support
• Documentation creation & management: requirements, design choices justification.
• Support to develop and maintain the simulation platform related to the motor control software modules, and closely working with embedded software engineer for algorithm implementation & testing
• Supporting & trouble-shooting various test benches for system validation
The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in electrical engineering and experience in motor control algorithm development including Sensorless, Space Vector Modulation, Field Oriented controls, simulation tool proficiency (Matlab, LABVIEW) and test proficiency (Canape, INCA, Canalyser)
What’s in it for you
• Integrating a high technology, collaborative & passionate team
• Discovering high paced Automotive product development together with exciting and innovative technologies
• Close contact with major OEM and suppliers
• Career opportunities and dynamic and international work environment
Clarizza ReyesTel: +44 (0)1925 978505Apply Now